Table of Contents
Church Planting Goals and Phases in SEND International
Disciple-Making Movements (DMM) and Church Planting Movements (CPM)
- More Resources for starting many communities of faith can be found on the CPM and DMM page.
Training in Church Planting
- SEND U collaborated with World Team in developing online courses in Church planting according to their CPM RoadMap series.
- Frank Severn's Church Planting Manual > Our former General Director developed this manual and used it in training our new missionaries in church planting.
- Jonathan Training, a 2-week church planting training program developed by OMF
- Omega Course - Practical Church Planter Training - produced by the Alliance for Saturation Church Planting and recommended by Dick Walton, former SEND Area Director in South Central Europe, US and the Philippines. Five practical training manuals which each offer 26 hours of instruction; sharing a vision for saturation church planting as well as practical principles and priorities for accomplishing local church plants. Designed for modular instruction in a working seminar format, the training schedule can be adapted for work/ministry realities of YOUR trainees.
- Worldview Resource Group > training in cross-cultural church planting
Books/Articles on Church Planting
- Global Church Planting: Biblical Principles and Best Practices for Multiplication by Gene Wilson and Craig Ott
- A Vision of the Possible (free PDF download) by Daniel Sinclair. Very helpful information for any church planting team leader or team member, but particularly for expatriate church planting teams among unreached people groups.
- Discovering Church Planting by J.D. Payne. Payne explores the biblical, historical and missiological principles of global church planting as well as unfolding practical strategies for confronting contemporary challenges to our vital task in reaching a lost world. This comprehensive introduction to church planting shows the reader how to apply effective, international church planting practices to specific contexts. J. D. speaks from personal experience, research and training and focuses on crucial issues every planter should consider. His well researched and easy to understand concepts are crucial for anyone who takes seriously the call of Scripture to “Declare His glory among the nations and His marvelous deeds to all peoples.”
- Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City by Timothy Keller. Review by Rick Perhai.
- Planting Churches Cross-Culturally: North America and Beyond by David J. Hesselgrave
- Passing the Baton by Tom A. Steffen
- Breaking Tradition to Accomplish Vision: Training Leaders for a Church-Planting Movement: A Case from India by Paul Gupta and Sherwood G. Lingenfelter
- Home Cell Group Explosion: How Your Small Group Can Grow and Multiply [With Study Guide] by Joel Comiskey. Highly recommended by Leif Gustafson, team leader in Siberia.
- Recovering the Sacred Center: Church Renewal from the Inside Out by Howard E. Friend, Jr. Recommended by Gerrie Castillo. “This book is a reflective approach designed to help readers discover new ways of understanding themselves and the mission of the church.”
- Apostolic Church Planter Document comparing pastoral, catalytic and apostolic church planters. From Ott, Craig; Wilson, Gene (2010-12-01). Global Church Planting: Biblical Principles and Best Practices for Multiplication (Kindle Locations 1976-1978). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
- Total Church: A Radical Reshaping around Gospel and Community and Everyday Church are both written by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis.
- Christian Bender recommends them and says, “Both books have been pretty influential in the way I think about church and church planting. As the titles suggest they have a strong emphasis on the gospel and on disciple making as a community project. They are written from a European (British) perspective.”
- What is a Gospel Community? A podcast interview of Steve Timmis that gives a good summary of these two books.
Training Church Leaders for Church Plants
- Bible Training Center for Pastors > used extensively in the Philippines to train pastors, and recommended by Larry Salisbury
- Free books by Randall Hillebrand, a CrossWorld missionary serving in Ukraine (offered in English, Russian, French and Farsi)
Follow-up of Church Plants
A series of blog posts by Gary Ridley based on the Pauline epistles to the churches Paul planted.
Other Online Resources
- Online resources from ReachGlobal to accompany the Global Church Planting book sited above.
- Help in Planting and Multiplying Churches > blog by Dr. Bob Vajko, TEAM International Church Planting Consultant. Dr. Vajko has been a church planter in France for 29 years. His church planting publication is recommended by John McDuffee (SEND Spain).
- Church Planting Financial Code of Ethics a starting point for considering finances and Church Planting.
church_planting.txt · Last modified: 2021/03/10 12:42 by faithciasico