Table of Contents
Information about COVID-19
- Worldometer > graphs and statistics about the number of cases/deaths in each country
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center > interactive map, slow response at times
- The Tip of the Iceberg: Virologist David Ho Speaks about COVID-19 > Balanced and informative interview by Taiwanese American virus expert.
- Treatment and vaccines for COVID-19
- Wikipedia article about COVID-19 testing
- A graphic chart explaining what is in development
- Ten Things Learned in Covid > What do we know now about COVID
Protect yourself from COVID-19
- Advice for the public on how to protect yourself from the World Health Organization
- How to prepare to protect yourself and family from COVID-19 > Information from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Resources selected by SEND's COVID-19 Response Team for protecting your health (on SEND's SharePoint site, requires SEND login)
Help for churches during COVID-19
- Love in the Time of Coronavirus: A guide for Christian leaders by Andy Crouch.
- Preparing your Church for Coronavirus (COVID-19): A step-by-step, research-informed and faith-based planning manual, developed by Wheaton College's Humanitarian Disaster Institute
- How do you keep a small church going during COVID-19? A blog post by Phil Newton on the Gospel Coalition website.
Life and Ministry during the COVID-19 crisis
- A Door Opened in Wuhan, China > report about Christians sharing God's love in Wuhan
- Forced stillness > a blog post about how to deal with being quarantined when we want to be actively involved in ministry.
- Partner development during COVID-19
- Survival Guide to Raising Support During the Coronavirus (5 part series) by Support Raising Solutions > excellent thoughts about how you can continue to raise support during the COVID-19 crisis. Be sure to read all 5 blog posts in this series.
- A ZOOMful of Opportunity > how to use the current crisis to widen your contact basis for partner development
- Disruption will be followed by sowing > blog post by Ken Guenther on how God could be using this crisis to disrupt in the same way that farmers plow their fields before planting.
- That Discomfort You're Feeling is Grief, an article by the Harvard Business Review, interviewing David Kessler about the emotions we experience as we think about the impact of COVID-19.
- Read Slow Collection > Westminister Bookstore has put together a free PDF compilation of 15 favorite chapters “that help us slow down and understand ourselves and our God in the midst of scary and uncertain times.”
- Coronavirus and Christ by John Piper. Available for free in audio and in PDF, mobi and epub formats.
- A Body of Work > why meeting on Zoom makes us more tired. How we can live with the understanding that we are both body and spirit.
- Trusting God when you are trapped in uncertainty > by Daniel Henderson. “Clarity can become an idol that replaces authentic trust in God.”
Leadership during the COVID-19 crisis
- Leading Beyond the Blizzard: Why Every Organization is Now a Startup by Andy Crouch, Kurt Keilhacker and Dave Blanchard in the Praxis Journal. Ted Esler of Missio Nexus has written an article in response to this entitled “You're Not a Start-up: No need to reinvent from scratch.”
- Leadership Doesn't Stop > podcast by Pat Lencioni. Advice for leading in uncertain times.
- A Few Thoughts for Leaders and Managers by Pat Lencioni. How to help people we lead in this uncertain time. First, be exceedingly human. Second, be persistent in communicating. Third, be creative.
- Leading in Crisis: Understand Crisis Brain and Move On by Ruth Osborne.
- Global Transmission, Global Mission – free eBook. In this short e-book, Jason Mandryk, the author of Operation World, takes readers through a sweeping overview of the implications of the coronavirus for the global Church, and specifically, its impact on global mission.
- Resources for Re-opening > on SEND's SharePoint
- SEND Re-opening Guidelines Template > this is a broad framework for SEND in returning to work & ministry.
- US CDC Government Phases for Re-opening > definitions of phases and terms in a US context
- Re-opening Workplace Decision Tree > Is your office ready to reopen? If YES, go to SEND Workplace Protocols for mandatory minimum and best practice protocols for offices.
- Medical Travel Clearance and Country-Specific COVID Protocols > This document looks at Sending Area (Canada, Hong Kong, Philippines, USA and Germany) national protocols for travel and has links to global websites with country-specific update information on local regulations.
Debriefing the COVID-19 experience
- After an Unusual Experience like COVID-19 Debrief > This document is for our SEND community and encourages individual reflection and group processing. This should be sent to all members for personal reflection while encouraging them to also find a partner or group to discuss some areas further. In many cases this may be a helpful team activity.
- COVD Experience WordCloud Image > This visual image could be a tool in debriefing discussions and identifying phrases that resonate with our members. This could also be used below in the COVID Experience Circles.
- COVID Experience Circle Guide Master document > This pandemic is a shared experience whether or not you know the Lord. Coming alongside our outreach communities is a beautiful way to be the presence of Jesus and bring His message. The COVID Experience Circles facilitates debriefing in non-Christian communities with question prompts and reading Bible passages. This guide gives ideas on how to engage with unbelievers. COVID experience circles can allow SEND to support our ministry communities in a tangible way. Possible groups to gather: English classes, youth mentoring, professional friends, our students, neighbors, evangelism teams, patients, sports clubs, community gardeners, local business owner, etc.
- COVID Experience Handout > If you want an easy handout, print copies of page one (two identical half size handouts, so cut in half) and give to the group so everyone has their copy. Or, just send a copy of the questions in a text from the master document. The SEND member can choose a verse for the discussion by texting a local translation of a Bible passage for your group reflection.
- Covid Stresses on Life & Relationships > Challenges Expressed Across Our SEND Membership, particular stress or impact that COVID had on the life and relationships.
- Guys Connect Groups > The purpose of these groups is to provide a space for guys where Covid experiences and losses can be processed in a positive, productive, and mutually supportive environment. Groups are six weeks in duration and will welcome a maximum of six members. In order to promote a safe environment, they are open to any SEND men for the first three weeks after which the groups will close to new participants. The purpose of these groups is to provide a space for guys where Covid experiences and losses can be processed in a positive, productive, and mutually supportive environment. Groups are six weeks in duration and will welcome a maximum of six members. In order to promote a safe environment, they are open to any SEND men for the first three weeks after which the groups will close to new participants.
covid-19.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/02 08:39 by faithciasico