Table of Contents
Engaging the Unreached
Theory on Unreached People Groups
- No Christians, No Scripture, No Missionaries: Priority People Groups > an article from Lausanne World Pulse by Ted Bergman and Bill Morrison
- Where are Pioneer Missionaries Needed? The N-Formula article by Martin Visser. Recommended by Paul Eager.
- Five Thresholds in a Postmodern Journey to Jesus (Warren Janzen's MOP presentation based on the book, I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus
Data on Unreached People Groups
- Unreached People Group Profiles > a SEND U page - please feel free to add profiles of unreached people groups SEND is targeting.
- Etnopedia an editable website on the ethnic peoples of the world from an Evangelical Christian perspective.
- Unreached People of Ukraine > PowerPoint developed by Kyle Eipperle
- Operation World: The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation by Jason Mandryk. Also much is available online at http://www.operationworld.org/
Engaging the Wayana in Suriname
A YouTube series produced by Philip Jackson about the ministry of his parents, Walter and Marjorie in bringing the Gospel to the Wayana in the jungles of Suriname, South America. The video series describes how the Jacksons found a redemptive analogy that led to a breakthrough in bringing this people group to follow Jesus. The Jacksons served as missionaries with West Indies Mission which is now World Team.
Methods for Reaching the Unreached
- Disciple Making Movements (DMM) and Discovery Bible Study (DBS) in reaching the lost.
- Church planting phase > SEND's Roadmap for church planting with a helpful list of activities for each phase.
- Social Networks and Fruitfulness in Church Planting > a provocative article about church planting among Muslim peoples in International Journal of Frontier Missiology
- Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not Evangelism > by Carl Medearis, recommended by Team Hope
- StoryRunners > a ministry of Campus Crusade, training people to use Bible storytelling as a way to plant churches among unreached people groups
- Reaching and Teaching the Highland Quichuas: Ministry in Animistic Oral Contexts by M. David Sills. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on the SEND U blog.
Personal Evangelism Training
- Evangelism: Abundantly Sowing the Seed > an online training module developed by World Team, and available to SEND members
- Articles and sermons on evangelism developed by On the Red Box, a street evangelism ministry in Madrid. The ministry provides training and coaching in street evangelism in the context of Europe. They have launched an on-line school of evangelism using the materials they offer in face-to-face classes already.
- Big Story Gospel Video, recommended by Warren
- FAITH evangelism training resource used and recommended by Ruth Harbour. This evangelism program has been translated into Chinese and SEND Taiwan has permission to distribute it in the Chinese world.
- The Gospel presentations used in Training for Trainers > the training program for church planting movements, developed by David Garrison, the IMB and GEM,
- You are the light of the world.ppt > PowerPoint presentation on evangelism by Dave Givens to the USO
- Some thoughts from a fisherman > written by Martyn Hartley. An article about how to become more effective in evangelism.
- Resources for answering students' questions in 35 languages, EveryStudent
- One Gospel for All Nations by Jackson Wu – discusses the overarching themes of the gospel message and how to contextualize in your specific context. Excellent material
- Conversational Evangelism: Connecting with People to Share Jesus by David and Norman Geisler. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on the SEND U blog. “The book gives examples of the kinds of questions to use in different situations, recognizing that conversational evangelism is more art than science. What stood out to me was that in each conversation we want to keep the door open for further conversations.”
- Prepared by Grace, For Grace: the Puritans on God's Ordinary Way of Leading Sinners to Christ by Joel R. Beeke and Paul M. Smalley. This book addresses what the Puritans taught about how God prepares people for conversion. The Puritans talked about the importance of using the law to convict sinners. Gary Ridley reviewed this book on this post on the SEND U blog.
Phases in discipleship
Materials for use in Evangelism / Discipleship:
- Three free apps to use in sharing your faith
- Power for Living > to use in evangelism. It opens with testimonies from believers then goes into an explanation of the Gospel.
- The Concise Bible > covers Genesis to Revelation in an illustrated, easy-to-understand format
- Honor-Shame Evangelism Tool > this app has been translated into Hindi, Arabic, Croatian, Persian/Farsi, Turkish, and Portuguese. They are translating it into Mandarin, French, Russian, Marathi, German, Telugu, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese.
- Contextualization: Theological and cultural Issues in Evangelical Models > a paper by Gary Ridley, presented at SNAAC 2016
- One Gospel for All Nations by Jackson Wu > discusses the overarching themes of the gospel message and how to contextualize in your specific context. Excellent material
- Transforming Worldviews: An Anthropological Understanding of How People Change by Paul G. Hiebert. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on the SEND U blog.
Diaspora ministry > Click on the link for the SENDU wiki page on Story-telling
Ethnography > Click on the link for the SEND U wiki page on Ethnography
Evangelism > Click on the link for the SEND U wiki page on Evangelism
Muslim ministry page > Click on the link for the SEND U wiki page on Muslim Ministry
See this page.
Story-telling > Click on the link for the SENDU wiki page on Story-telling
See the wiki pages on SEND's Youth Ministry
Transformational Development > Click on the link for the SEND U wiki page on Transformational Development