Table of Contents
Pre-field Reading List
- A reading list compiled from the lists of two of our experienced workers for those preparing for Muslim ministries.
About Muslim Ministry
- SEND's “I Heart Muslims” Video Series
- From Seed to Fruit: Global Trends, Fruitful Practices, and Emerging Issues Among Muslims edited by Dudley Woodberry. See SEND U blog post reviewing this book. The blog post provides a list of the table of contents.
- Fruit to Harvest: Witness of God's Great Work among Muslims, edited by Gene Daniels, Pam Arlund and Jim Haney. Published in 2019 by William Carey Press.
- Seven Themes of Fruitfulness > an article from the International Journal of Frontier Missiology - “The authors are members of the Fruitful Practices Taskforce, which is a collaborative, multi-agency network of missiologists who are studying effective ﬁeld practitioners and how God is working through them. Through this, they identify and publicize practices that are demonstrably “fruitful” in facilitating faith movements among Muslim peoples.”
- rmuller.com Rolland Muller's home page lists his books, printed and electronic, and his resources link at the bottom left of his home page gives a healthy list of resources that can be downloaded for free.
- Building Bridges: Christianity and Islam by Fouad Elias Accad
- A Muslim's Mind: What Every Christian Needs To Know About the Islamic Traditions by Edward J. Hoskins
- In the Land of the Blue Burqas by Kate McCord > Muslim Ministry, Story Telling
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi > Muslim Ministry, Discipleship
- No God but One: Allah or Jesus? A former Muslim investigates the evidence for Islam & Christianity by Nabeel Qureshi. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on the SEND U blog. The investigation is framed under two main questions: Question 1: What are the differences between Islam and Christianity? (pages 23-148) Question 2: Can we know whether Islam or Christianity is true? (pages 149-296)
- Social Networks and Fruitfulness in Church Planting > a provocative article about church planting among Muslim peoples in International Journal of Frontier Missiology
- Two Stories of Everything: the Competing Metanarratives of Islam and Christianity by Duane Alexander Miller. Rather than comparing Islam and Christianity as religions, Miller compares the metanarratives that Islam and Christianity tell. Metanarratives are the overarching story that includes and defines all the smaller stories of a people. Reviewed by Gary Ridley on the SEND U blog.
Materials for Use in Muslim Ministry
- Glad News! God Loves You My Muslim Friend by Samy Tanagho
- COMMA Network > A Coalition of Ministries to Muslims in North America. They have lots of links and resources for people working with Muslims anywhere.
- Books and videos by Nabeel Qureshi and Abdu Murray, both former Muslims who are now strong advocates for evangelical Christianity. Any debates/articles/books by either of these two are of great depth and value.
- Answering-Islam.or is a website that has many different Christian contributors. (Note: A few of these contributors are a bit strident, but most are not.) There are also links to other resources and websites that might prove helpful.
Muslim Ministry Training
- I Heart Muslim Video Series and Study Guide, produced by SEND International
- 6 month Internships in the Philippines with SEND - contact the SEND International Office
- One year internship with TAG in Dearborn, Michigan - contact SEND International Office - Training Apprentices to Go is Ward Church's (Michigan) 10-month program to train interns to start Jesus-community planting movements in the Muslim world. It is for busy people who have full-time jobs or are full-time students, but who will give 12-14 hours per week to developing their passion for Jesus, their passion for his Kingdom, and their passion for Going to see Jesus-communities growing in places where they currently don’t exist.
- Crescent Project Crescent Project's mission is to inspire, equip and serve the Church to reach Muslims with the Gospel of Christ for the Glory of God.
- Exploring the World of Islam by Caleb Resource - 12 lesson course offered online and at various locations in the USA
- Common Ground > Building Bridges of Trust that Bear the Weight of Truth. This training is upon invitation only; contact Ken G. Very challenging and will open your eyes to different viewpoints.
- Zwemer Courses and Seminars> available online year-round
- carlmedearis.com is now offering free teaching videos on line. He also offers a 7 week video course for $29 USD, which is more in-depth than the free ones, but his stuff is pretty good. I wouldn't agree with him on everything he says, but I really like his attitude and down to earth interactions in terms of relating to Muslims, and I find his talks challenging. His two best books - Muslims, Christians and Jesus and Speaking of Jesus, are great challenging reads. (Tim M)
- EP training catalog - contact Ken Guenther for information about many different training seminars for those working with Muslim peoples
Working with Muslim Women
- Resource for Women working in Muslim Contexts recommended by Ken.
- Woman to Woman, Sharing Jesus with a Muslim Friend > book by Joy Loewen. In this practical and very personal book, Joy shares not only her insights into befriending Muslim women, but many helpful stories from her own experiences. Her goal is to help readers “move from fear to love and compassion” so that they, too, can love as Christ does. Woman to Woman is essential reading for Christian leaders, ministries, and any layperson who wants to grow in love for and understanding of Muslims.
- Conversation Ideas for building relationships with Muslim women > Joy Loewen's blog.
See also Honor-Shame Resources
muslim_ministry.txt · Last modified: 2021/03/17 10:48 by admin